Keep it Round Bookmark
Erica Doyle, The Sewin’Asylum 2020
Keep your place and keep your pens handy with this elasticized wrap. A handy pocket keeps your pens and pencils in place.
13 inches of two-inch wide elastic (or use two pieces of one-inch braided elastic stitched together with a running zig-zag)
- 2 pieces cut 3 by 9 inches identified as piece #1 and piece #2
- One piece cut 4 by 10 inches for the pocket
*seam allowance 3/8 inch/ 1cm For most machines this means guide the fabric on the edge of your presser foot.
- Fold pocket wrong sides together and press. Pocket now will measure 4 inches wide and 5 inches tall. *at this time this is when you will want to add any decorative stitching or embellishments.
- Lay piece #1 right side facing up
- Place pocket on top, lining up bottom edge and left side. Sew in place on left side
- Align the pocket up with the right side and sew along right side
- Lay piece #2 face down and sew down both long sides
- Slide elastic through all layers and stitch the top edge closed
- Turn right sides out
- Take opposite side of elastic and slip through the pocket, line up the edges and wrap pocket edges around and sew.
- Flip pocket around and sew
- Topstitch two lines of stitching through the pocket and voila! Your project is complete!